Sunday, December 28, 2014

Kerouac and Mindfulness

"I came to a point where I needed solitude and just stop the machine of thinking and enjoying what they call living.  I just wanted to lie in the grass and look at the clouds."

After reading those profound words by Jack Kerouac, it hit me why I really needed mindfulness and meditation in my life and I became so grateful that it came into my life when it did.  The machine of thinking, the daily grind, the intense stress of work, life, love, etc.,  the craziness of it all becomes almost too consuming at times and we tend to forget to stop for a second, hit the pause button on what's around us, and to enjoy the present moment.

The next time you get caught up in the ever-growing checklist and overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done, everything being asked of you, and everything going wrong, stop, hit pause, focus, enjoy the present.  My gorgeous mala beads help me stay focused and balanced in the chaos.  I'm equally glad that they came into my life when they did.  I find so much strength in the reminder they constantly give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment