Saturday, July 11, 2015

Can You Tell Me How To Get, How To Get To Happiness Street?


If you follow either of my Instagram accounts, girlfromthegym or theyogabeastblog (the name will be changing soon!), you'll see a complete diverse set of pictures and content.  I have two very different sides to my life.  One side is full of machines, iron, heavy things, sweat, punching bags, locker rooms, and meal prep.  The other side is full of peace, happiness, zen, meditation, yoga, mindfulness, and balance.  But there is one common thread: my mission and desire to #ChooseHappiness.

I don't even know for how long I've been using that particular hashtag in my posts, but it all started out as a reminder to myself that I get to choose to be happy.  It started amidst a very uncertain time in my life where I was dealing with something no more or no less challenging that anything anyone else  had gone through, but for whatever reason, I had expected everything and everyone to make concessions for my sad situation and experiences.

There wasn't some eye opening conversation with a friend telling me to pull myself out of it.  There was no great epiphany while reading some self-help book in an effort to mend my heart.  There was simply the realization that I got to choose how I felt, regardless of what was going on around me.

We tend to forget that there's this one great and amazing thing determining how our day, week, life, job, relationship, projects, and dreams go.  We tend to forget that we have a choice. Emblazon that hashtag on your mind.  Brand that mantra on your heart with a searing and passion-full heat.  You get to choose.  It's really all up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment